Welcome !

Women oriented topics.

Welcome !

Postby Cindy Northup » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:37 am

Welcome everyone, and thank you, Jon, for giving us this Forum ! Here is a gathering place for discussing the feminine aspects of living on the Colonial Frontier. As Jon wrote on the Index description of this Forum, it is not meant to replace the Reenacting/Trekking board for women - I trust that everyone will continue to read and post in that forum as well. But just as women on the frontier would gather together to discuss things more of interest to them than to the men, we now have this virtual meeting ground for the same purpose. 18th century women’s fashion; frontier housekeeping, cooking and child rearing; any topic that you feel would be primarily a female issue - here is the place for it. And while we women will still be active on both forums, I also hope that the men will feel free to read and post here as well.
If you wish to contact me via e-mail with any questions regarding posting topics and polls here, or concerns about anything on the Women's Forum, just click on my underlined name for a link to my e-mail.
There is much to learn and discuss about being a woman in the Colonial Wilderness. Enjoy this forum, and visit often !
Warm Regards,
Cindy Northup
Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created. But within us, the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live. And what they lived, we dream. - T.K. Whipple
Cindy Northup
Prolific

Return to 18th Century Frontier Women