Len Depres

In remembrance of our dear friends, our fellow 18th Century travelers who have gone on before us.

Moderators: Jon, Parson John

Len Depres

Postby Nit Wit » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:55 am

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of Len Despres aka Iron Hips. He was an active member of the Ancient Ones and had been an interpreter at Ft.Western. In day to day life he had been a teacher retiring a few years ago. He had battled cancer for a couple of years as he did this he managed to host one of the A/O's Geezer shoots and participated in a couple others. He was a calm gentle man who was quite an asset to the A/O's. He leaves behind his wife, children and grandchildren.
Nit Wit
Nit Wit

Re: Len Depres

Postby J Wardwell » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:15 pm

So sad he will be missed we camped together in the tin teepee area years ago when we first started. The best times I've had at events included Len he will always have a spot in my camp
J Wardwell

Postby Ken Hamilton » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:17 pm

What a true gentleman. Patient, careful and real nice person. I'm truly sorry.
Ken
Ken Hamilton
Prolific

Postby gizamo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:36 pm

We lost a Statesmen of the first and finest order. Len was a gentle Mentor to many. Friend to all he met. Rarely do you meet.... such a kind and thoughtful soul. My heart goes out to his wife Corey and his Sons.

Honored to have called him Friend.

Giz
Last edited by gizamo on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
gizamo
Prolific

Postby PAUL C. DAIUTE » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Len, none better, he said a lot without talking. A very good man. A straight shooter in all ways.
pcd
The second amendment is not a Constitutional right but an obligation shared by all Americans!
PAUL C. DAIUTE
Prolific

Postby Mayne1713 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:42 am

I miss Len already. he would make the effort to come here to the house when I would try an' have 18th century weekends here. Hw would trudge along with us over the wet ground in the springtime when we would head out to the "gong course" where he did some good shooting.

Len came the "Training Days" we held at Pownalborough Courthouse.

I loved Len, he was of my stature which meant that I could look him in the eye without craning my neck.

I wish I could post a photo here without going through Photobucket.
Mark Daiute
Newcastle Maine In Ranging Companies and Marching Companies serving Forts on the Kennebec and Pemaquid. In pursuit of 1750's New England.

Whitchi ti ti, kemorah, kemorah, hora-nika hora-nika hey nay hey nay no-ah!
Mayne1713
Prolific

Return to In Memory of Departed Friends (Announcements & Memoriums)