Call Out The Militia!!!!

This is a forum for all things military from the early colonial period to the end of the 18th century. All countries, militias, trained bands, and regiments are welcome. Discuss uniforms, weapons, equipment, drills, and anything else pertaining to a soldier in the colonies.

Moderators: Wes, Michael Archer, Hawkyns

Call Out The Militia!!!!

Postby PAUL C. DAIUTE » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 am

Please read my post in the 17th century section of our forum, (Friends In Time.) A recent correspondence with Plimoth Plantation leads me to believe the living history program there is to be replaced by "third person interpreters". Lets try to save the costumed first person interpreters and their program by sending in e-mails. Please tell them that you have been to the site and the best part was the costumed interpreters or that you plan on coming to the Plantation in the future and look forward to speaking to and interacting with the costumed interpreters, (or words to that affect). Send your e-mails to, (comments@plimoth.org). Please encourage all your friends to help in this endeavor by e-mailing to the above address! Please Please!!!
Paul
The second amendment is not a Constitutional right but an obligation shared by all Americans!
PAUL C. DAIUTE
Prolific

Re: Call Out The Militia!!!!

Postby snapper » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 am

Paul - Thank you for making us aware of this. Hopefully the program can be saved because it is one of the important things that sets Plimoth Plantation apart from so many other museums.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper
snapper
Prolific

Postby PAUL C. DAIUTE » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:05 am

To all, Please understand that Plimoth has not actually said they are shutting the living history down but it is implied by what I read and is obvious by the lack of interpreters in the homes of the 17th century English village.
Paul
The second amendment is not a Constitutional right but an obligation shared by all Americans!
PAUL C. DAIUTE
Prolific

Postby PAUL C. DAIUTE » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 am

I hope the other 25 members who have looke3d at my post have acted on my plead for help! Thank you if you have!
Paul
PAUL C. DAIUTE
Prolific

Postby PAUL C. DAIUTE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 am

I hope that folks are posting to the Plantation! Just takes the minute to try to save programs that might last another ten years!
Paul
PAUL C. DAIUTE
Prolific

Return to The Barracks (Military Forum)