Market wallet, ,canteen, original blanket

Sell, Trade items preferably related to 18th Century Frontier research, reenacting, trekking.

Moderators: Wes, Michael Archer

Market wallet, ,canteen, original blanket

Postby PMFerringer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:11 pm

- Market Wallet - $35 shipped - 11"x39", completely hand sewn of cotton canvas. Never used in the field, but minor staining from a single educational day program.

- Hot dip tin canteen - $60 shipped - Never used. Ulrich made. 7" tall and 2.5" wide. Link to pictures below.

https://imgur.com/a/2GUGa

- Original blanket - natural wool color two piece center seam blanket. There is some fraying along the edge, several small wear holes, spots of minor separation on the center seam, and some minor staining. This is blanket is in great shape for its age and is a great summer weight blanket or second blanket for colder season. Measures approximately 83"x70". $90 shipped. Link to pictures below. Please ignore the grey flannel drawers. They are the last of my Civil War kit that I am getting rid of and are posted for another forum.

https://imgur.com/a/UhHwz

Interested in trades for a correctly constructed jacket, size 42 or a forged knife with correct sheath. Also potentially interested in beaver hides.

Email: patrick.ferringer@gmail.com if interested in any of the items. Thanks!
PMFerringer

Re: Market wallet, ,canteen, original blanket

Postby nwtradegun » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:02 am

HOW OLD IS THE BLANKET
nwtradegun

Postby Hummingbird-in-the-Garden » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:50 am

How much for the drawers?

--HB
Monsanto and its associated corporations are evil. Buy organic and local, or grow it yourself from safe seed sources and breeders if at all possible. Support your local small farmer.
Hummingbird-in-the-Garden

Postby PMFerringer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:39 pm

nwtradegun wrote:HOW OLD IS THE BLANKET

I have no idea how old it is. It came out of a chest with two other original blankets from an estate sale. The chest contained items from a Federal officer that served in a New York regiment so it is at least as 1860's.
PMFerringer

Postby PMFerringer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Hummingbird-in-the-Garden wrote:How much for the drawers?

--HB

Here is the info from my ad on the ACW site I used to use. They are kind of a goofy size and cut which is why the price is low for high quality flannel handsewn drawers. I made these from a pattern I drafted from some original civilian drawers.

Hand sewn wool flannel drawers - Soft wool flannel that insulates in the cold and wicks in the heat. Two paperback tin buttons on the waistband and two on the fly. Fly is offset to the right slightly to prevent chaffing and make them more comfortable. Stress points reinforced with wool broadcloth scraps. Waist measures 16" across and will fit a modern size 32" but no larger. These are for you skinny leg guys. If your thigh measures more than 23" circumference they won't fit. Legs were sewn short to keep them out of the mud, inseam is 27". The ankle vents have been sewn shut. These fit like loose long johns on me. I wore them for one event and hand washed them thoroughly. There is some bleeding from wool. This is incredibly high quality wool flannel but due to the unique size and fit they are priced to sell at $45 shipped.
PMFerringer

Postby PMFerringer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 am

open to reasonable offers on the blanket.
PMFerringer

Postby PMFerringer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:02 pm

$60 for the blanket shipped.
PMFerringer

Postby PMFerringer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Market wallet and canteen are sold. Blanket is still available.
PMFerringer

Postby PMFerringer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 am

Items have sold.
PMFerringer

Return to Trading Post